Carrot and Broccoli Tart with Délice Rice and Multi-Grain Pastry
Rice cream alternative
For the pastry:
- 200g of flour or for a gluten-free version
- 100g of potato flour and 100g of rice flour
- 50g of butter or margarine
- 1 egg yolk – 2 or 3 tablespoons of cold water
- 3 tablespoons of mixed grains (linseeds, sunflower seeds, pine nuts etc.)
For the Délice Rice filling :
- 1 broccoli – 2 carrots
- 3 eggs
- 400ml of Délice Rice
- 1 teaspoon of Quatre Epices spice blend
- Salt and pepper
- Put the flour into a bowl and add the butter cut into pieces. Work the dough with your fingertips until you have a sandy texture. Add the egg yolk, the seeds and mix. Add the water and roll the pastry into a ball. Cover with film and leave to rest for an hour before rolling it out. Heat the oven to gas mark 6 (180°C). Wash the vegetables and slice the carrots. Pre-cook the vegetables in salted boiling water for 20 minutes. Drain well.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the Délice Rice, add the spices and season.
- Roll out the pastry and line a tart case with a layer of baking paper inside it.
- Put your vegetables in the pastry case, then add the Délice Rice filling.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack before cutting.