Red lentil daal with mild spices
Soya cream alternative
Number of people : 5 people people
- 200g red lentils
- 1 small can peeled tomatoes
- 15cl Sojade Cuisine
- 2 shallots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 mild green pepper
- 1 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoons of sesame seed
- 1–2 teaspoons of curcuma
- 1–2 teaspoons of Cayenne pepper
- optional: small sprig of fresh coriander
- Cook the lentils in 50cl of water for 10 minutes over a low heat. Add the sliced green peppers and Cayenne pepper and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Leave to cool. Brown the garlic and shallots lightly in olive oil then add the sesame seeds.
- Mix, add the peeled tomatoes cut into pieces and leave to cook on a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Blend this mixture with the lentils, add the Sojade Cuisine and coconut, add a little salt, and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve with bulgur.